Guinness is one of the worlds most successful beer brands and a real Irish icon. Brewed in Dublin since 1759, a pint of Guinness combined with the harp logo are such iconic symbols, instantly recognisable worldwide.
Carrolls Irish Gifts are proud to be the largest retailer of official branded Guinness merchandise in Ireland. We stock a wide range of Guinness clothing for ladies & gents and Guinness clothing accessories. We also stock an extensive collection of Guinness barware, Guinness kitchenware and Guinness gift items.
“If one Guinness is good for you, just imagine what Toucan [two-can] do”
Many of the Guinness range of products we stock feature imagery from their famous advertising campaigns throughout the years. Most notable the colourful Toucan bird, drawn by John Gilroy and made famous by the slogan: “If one Guinness is good for you, just imagine what Toucan [two-can] do”.
Some Interesting Guinness Facts (reference Guinness):
• 3 million pints of Guinness are brewed every day at the St James’s Gate brewery, Dublin, Ireland.
• St. James’s Gate Brewery is the biggest stout export brewery in the world.
• The St. James’s Gate Brewery is one of the most technologically advanced breweries in the world.
• There is approximately 198 calories in a pint of Guinness – less than a pint of orange juice!
• Guinness is the biggest selling stout in the world with 10 million glasses being sold everyday in 150 countries
• The ancient Irish Harp symbol was firstly used as a symbol for Guinness and only later adopted by the Irish Government as the official Government symbol.
• 850 million litres of Guinness are sold annually.
• Although Guinness may appear to be black, its actually a dark shade of ruby.
• There is a 9,000 year lease on the Guinness brewery in St. James Gate, Dublin signed in 1759.
• The perfect pint of Guinness should take 119.53 seconds to pour. This length is due to Guinness’ distinctive double-pour. A special restrictor in the tap creates nitrogen bubbles in the drink, which then make a creamy head.
• Originally founded in 1954, to settle pub disputes, the Guinness Book of Records was intended to be a marketing giveaway. Its success lead to a yearly edition.
View our Huge Guinness Range Below:
To receive new information updates, sign-up to our newsletter on www.CarrollsIrishGifts.com
The Carrolls Irish Gifts Team
Our Current “Online Store” Promotions: